Open-Faced Bison Burger on a Portabello Bun
I LOVE BURGERS!! i'm a total burger lover and this is one heck of a delicious burger!!
And very low carb which is even BETTER!!
This recipe yields 2 burgers
8 ounces ground bison beef
2 medium-size Portobello mushrooms, gills removed
4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
1 small beefsteak tomato, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to broil, or heat grill to high.
- Season ground bison with salt and pepper.
- Separate meat in two, then form into 1-inch patties.
- Broil or grill the patties for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness. Set aside.
- If you’re cooking in a kitchen, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Place mushrooms in skillet, or top-down on a cooler part of grill.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until liquid starts to form. Remove from heat and place on a plate.
- Sprinkle 2 ounces of goat cheese on top of mushrooms.
- Place burger on top of cheese, then finish with two slices of tomato.
256 Calories per serving
3.0g Usable Carbs (not fiber)