Italian Stuffed Peppers
This recipe is a great meal to prepare at the beginning of the week so you can have leftovers all week long!
Very simple traditional recipe just with out the rice to keep the carbs lower. You're welcome to add some rice back in depending on your nutritional goals!
Super simple! You are going to love this recipe!
This recipe yields about 4 servings
1 Lb ground turkey or beef
6 Bell peppers, halved, seeds removed
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 cup Marinara Sauce
1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to broil with top rack about six inches from flame.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay pepper halves skin side down on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil pepper halves in oven for 10-15 minutes, until slightly soft and browned around the edges. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Set oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and move rack to middle of oven.
- Cook ground beef until no longer pink, breaking it up well as it cooks. Drain any excess fat.
- Add pasta sauce. Cook until heated through, then set aside.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese into each pepper half.
- Divide the beef among the peppers, pushing as much meat into each pepper as you can.
- Top each pepper with Parmesan cheese.
- Return peppers to oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly brown.
415 Calories per serving
11.5g Usable Carbs (not fiber)